Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Getting my feet wet

I've been having a blessed summer. Got a job with IMCO general construction. First three weeks have been exceptional. The whole idea of preventative maintenance has been set more in stone. We have 1-ton pick ups with well over 200k on them and still purring. Every dump truck, lowboy, pick up, excavator, generator, and other machinery has maintenance interval stickers on them. Like with any construction company though the equipment gets thrashed. So we get to do everything from transmission swaps to body work, to modifying vehicles for different tasks. Ran into some electrical problems, nothing too crazy but if I didn't know how to use my multimeter I would of been in the dark. Mostly bad grounds and loose connections, nothing that some good cleaning, splicing and heat shrink can't fix. I get in about 40-45 hours weekly. So I got about +-120 hours so far. (Will try to get some pics up soon, haven't been taking many though.)    

1 comment:

  1. Good report Alex. It was good to see you the other day. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete