Sunday, August 19, 2012

More Power

This week was good as always at the IMCO dominion. Ran into some differentials coming to the end of their journey, so got a chance to rebuild one. A lot of maintenance this week as usual. Friday was supposed to be an early day, but around 1 o'clock, an F450 comes in with a trailer. Half of the lights on the trailer are not working, electric brakes not working, brake controller not working. Sweet early Friday huh. The plug on the trailer was filthy and my readings at some of the lights were at zero. New plug and a couple of new wires and the trailer lights are working but still no brakes. I started to check the wires running to the controller in the cab, nothing at always hot, no ground, no switch power, no way. Had a fun time locating fuse diagrams on the net. All the fuses were good. Couldn't locate any schematics so I began the chase. By 4 o'clock I was under the dash searching for clues when I found an empty plug with identical wire colors. It had a ground, a healthy 12 and a switch power that was up and down when I hit the brakes. I found my plug. Whoever wired the brake controller must of been a genius. It was a good Friday after all.

1 comment:

  1. Good report Alex. It is great to see you so busy. Watch out for those garage sale tags.

    J

    ReplyDelete